Residing in a new house can be one of life’s greatest achievements, but it can also be a time when you can be unsure, particularly when you’re starting to decide on its appearance. What steps should you take to allow your space to look the best while reflecting your own sense of style? Do it properly, and you’ll have a comfortable and happy house. Otherwise, you’ll have to deal with a confused mixture of furniture, fabrics, and paint colors that never shape to become an ideal home.
However, know that attaining the look you love is less complicated than you might imagine. You can get on top of everything by learning some information on how to design your place in the best way possible. Read on for all the details that can come in handy.
1. Change Exterior Finishes Such As Render, Cladding, And Paint
You may have to change your existing exterior finishes for many reasons. Suppose your house has the 1970s or 1980s pebbledash, stone cladding, or mismatched bricks, among other details. In such cases, you can remove or cover them with another material to give your exterior finishes a fresh look. Cladding over pebbledash is usually done as it’s hardwearing and easier to maintain, although it can appear quite harsh, mainly on boxy estate houses.
Likewise, the less costly option is just to paint the home using masonry paint in a neutral shade, such as white, to assist in unifying the various materials. You can expect that it can come at around a few hundred dollars.
Rendering outside walls and repainting may also be a better choice if the existing brickwork has been damaged. Or, if you’d like to have a brand-new contemporary look for your home, cladding your home’s exterior will allow for a dramatic change.
Overall, as changing the exterior of your house has a significant effect on its appearance, consider checking out and seeking the help of companies such as hardieboysinc.com for a change in your home’s exterior building materials.
2. Choose Wood Over Carpet
Wooden floors, whether hardwood or laminate, are well-known choices in homes of different styles. These flexible flooring options are well-liked as they’re practical and good-looking, thanks to their beautiful texture and a sense of warmth they give living rooms, kitchens, bedrooms, entryways, and more. These natural materials provide a statement in almost any space, as well as give homeowners some huge leeway in terms of decorating.
Likewise, as wood floors can be good for freshening up your house’s appearance, you can also opt for tongue and groove joints that can be installed without nails. You can check out Hardie Boys Inc and any other similar service provider or regarding this feature.
It’s a fact that wall-to-wall home carpeting is warm and soft, yet it doesn’t equate to the elegance of shining hardwood floors. Hardwood offers a classic and stylish look, and can be bought at a less expensive price. Buying hardwood for your house will be an investment, yet it’s most likely an ideal choice.
In addition, if you want to decorate your home alongside wood floors, there are many ways to do so, such as:
- Opting for a complementary color palette: Once you identify the underlying hue of the wood floor, use the color wheel to select the colors that complement your wood floors. For instance, shades of blue assist in balancing wood with yellow or orange tones, while green is good against brown floors.
- Continuing wood floors across different rooms: Know that consistency in flooring allows for an attractive aesthetic and less complicated cleaning as time goes by.
- Highlight modern wood floors: Wood floors offer a welcoming contrast against sleek modern elements. For such a reason, further the drama with current cabinet choices, lighting, and streamlined hardware in a space that doesn’t have enough frills and embraces clean lines.
3. Landscape The Garden
Another way to give your home a different look is to turn your focus to the house’s garden landscaping. For one, you can choose a planting scheme that aligns with the rest of the work—if you’ve opted for a contemporary finish for your home’s exterior, choose architectural plants. Yet, for a more traditional vibe, cottage garden plants would be the best choice.
There are numerous landscaping ideas that you can choose from, and these include:
- Having window boxes: If a front yard or sizeable porch doesn’t exist in your home, use your window to have a beautiful landscape garden.
- Drivable garden: You can improve the aesthetic of your driveway by incorporating garden landscapes. This is especially good for those with no front yard. You can mix succulents and herbs for this low-to-the-ground garden in the driveway that you can surround with permeable pavers.
- Native Plantings: You can fill your garden with native plants and generate a ‘gradient of wilderness’. You can include sages, lilacs, native grass, and redbud trees in this type of garden landscape.
If you want to give your home a different look through simple details, there are many ways to do so. For example, you can change your exterior finishes, like cladding, rendering, and paint. You can also opt for wood flooring instead of carpet, or you may choose to landscape your garden. Overall, consider this article as your guide.