If you own a business, chances are you have some outdoor lighting. Outdoor lighting is vital for companies, whether a few floodlights to illuminate your sign or motion-sensor lights to deter intruders. Not only does it make your property more inviting, but it can help prevent crime. Well-lit commercial properties are up to 60% less likely to be burglarized than properties with little or no outdoor lighting.
At first glance, commercial outdoor lighting may not seem necessary for businesses. After all, isn’t outdoor lighting something that only homeowners need? Not necessarily. In fact, there are several compelling reasons why commercial outdoor lighting is a wise investment for any business, large or small. This blog post will discuss why commercial outdoor lighting is necessary for companies.
What Features to Look For in Commercial Outdoor Lighting
There are many different types of commercial outdoor lighting fixtures available, and the style you choose will depend on your specific needs. For example, suppose you’re looking to light up a large parking lot or provide security for a warehouse. In that case, you’ll need different fixtures than if you’re trying to accentuate architectural features or highlight a garden area. But no matter what your needs are, there are a few things to keep in mind when selecting commercial outdoor lighting fixtures:
- Durability: Commercial outdoor lighting fixtures must withstand the elements, so choose fixtures made from high-quality materials like aluminum or stainless steel.
- Ease of Installation: If you’re not an experienced electrician, look for fixtures that are easy to install. Some manufacturers even offer installation services.
- Energy Efficiency: Many commercial outdoor lighting fixtures now come equipped with LEDs, which use less energy and last longer than traditional bulbs. LEDs can also be dimmed to save even more on your energy bill.
- Aesthetics: Don’t forget about the aesthetic appeal of your fixtures! Make sure they complement the style of your business and match any existing outdoor lighting you may have.
- Warranty: Most commercial outdoor lighting fixtures come with a warranty, so be sure to read the fine print before making your purchase.
- Affordable: Commercial outdoor lighting doesn’t have to be expensive. There are many affordable options available that will still meet your needs. Commercial outdoor lighting is a wise investment for any business, large or small.
What Are Common Types of Commercial Outdoor Lighting?
There are many different types of commercial outdoor lighting fixtures available. The type you choose will depend on your specific needs. Some common styles of commercial outdoor lighting fixtures include:
- Floodlights: Floodlights are a type of commercial outdoor lighting fixture often used to provide security for a property. They can be mounted on a wall or ceiling and are available in various sizes and wattages.
- Bollards: Bollards are short posts typically used to line walkways or driveways. They can be made from various materials, including concrete, metal, or plastic. In addition, bollards can be equipped with lights that turn on automatically at night or during inclement weather.
- Wall Sconces: also known as “Wall packs,” are commercial outdoor lighting fixtures mounted on a wall. They are available in various traditional, modern, and industrial styles; these lights are perfect for lighting the entire circumference of your building.
- Post Lights: Post lights are commercial outdoor lighting fixtures that sit atop a post or column. They can be made from various materials.
- Area Lights: Area lights are commercial outdoor lighting fixtures that can light up a parking lot, warehouse, or large area. They are available in various wattages, and some models come with a photocell that automatically turns the light on at night and off during the day.
- Dusk to Dawn Lights: Dusk to dawn lights are commercial outdoor lighting fixtures that turn on automatically at dusk and off at dawn. They use a photocell to sense when it’s getting dark outside and can be used to light up a parking lot, warehouse, parking garage, or loading docks.
Benefits of Outdoor Commercial Lighting
The advantages of commercial outdoor lighting installation are far more than it looking better or providing more light in an outdoor space. Many commercial outdoor lighting fixtures now come equipped with less, which use less energy and last longer than traditional bulbs, making them environmentally friendly and an economical choice. LEDs can also be dimmed to save even more on your commercial energy bill.
One of the most important benefits of commercial outdoor lighting is that it increases the safety of your employees, customers, and other visitors to your property. Well-lit parking lots and walkways make it easier for people to see where they’re going, which can help prevent trips and falls. In addition, well-lit areas are less likely to be targeted by criminals than areas that are poorly lit or not lit at all.
Another advantage of commercial outdoor lighting is that it can improve the aesthetics of your property. Well-designed lighting can highlight your business’s best features and make it more inviting and welcoming to customers and clients. In addition, good outdoor lighting can make your business stand out from the competition, especially if they’re not investing in outdoor lighting.
Reduced Energy Costs
Contrary to what you may think, investing in commercial outdoor lighting can help reduce your energy costs. Thanks to technological advances, there are now many energy-efficient options available on the market that use less electricity than traditional incandescent bulbs. In addition, many commercial outdoor lights now come with sensors that automatically turn the lights off during daylight hours and turn them back on when it gets dark outside.
Provide a Higher ROI
Investing in commercial outdoor lighting is also a wise financial decision because it can provide a higher return on investment (ROI) than other types of commercial lighting. Studies have shown that commercial outdoor lighting can increase business sales by up to 20 percent, making it a cost-effective way to improve your bottom line. Generally, properties will see a 50% return on their investment within two years.
Outdoor Lighting Is The Best Way to Attract More Business
Outdoor lighting is an integral part of any business’s operations. It makes your property more welcoming for customers and can also help deter crime. Many different commercial outdoor lighting fixtures are available, so research them before purchasing. And when in doubt, consult with professionals.
Dallas Landscape Lighting offers commercial outdoor lighting installation services that help you choose the right fixtures and design a lighting plan that meets your needs. We also provide maintenance and repair services to keep your commercial outdoor lights in shape. Contact us today to learn more about our commercial outdoor lighting services.