Cool-weather is on its way, which means it’s time to turn on the furnace. But before you do, take a few preventative measures to ensure your heater doesn’t malfunction. By taking these simple steps, you can help ensure that your furnace runs smoothly all winter long.
- Check the air filter: The most important thing you can do to maintain your furnace is to regularly check and replace the air filter. A dirty air filter will not only reduce the efficiency of your furnace, but it can also cause serious damage. It’s important to check the air filter every month and replaced it as needed.
- Clean the burners: Another important maintenance task is to regularly clean the burners. Over time, the burners can become clogged with dirt and debris, which can reduce the efficiency of your furnace. To clean the burners, simply remove them and clean them with a wire brush.
- Test the thermostat: The thermostat is an important component of your furnace and it’s important to make sure that it’s working properly. You can test the thermostat by setting it to a high temperature and see if the furnace turns on. If not, you may need to replace the thermostat. Scheduling heating repair in Orlando, FL can help.
- Inspect the pilot light: If you have a gas furnace, you’ll need to regularly inspect the pilot light. If the pilot light goes out, it can be difficult to relight it. To avoid this problem, make sure to regularly check the pilot light and ensure that it’s lit.
- Clean the vents: Another important maintenance task is to clean the vents. Over time, the vents can become clogged with dirt and debris, which can reduce the efficiency of your furnace. To clean the vents, simply remove them and clean them with a vacuum cleaner attachment.
- Test the carbon monoxide detector: If you have a gas furnace, you should also have a carbon monoxide detector. This detector will alert you if there are dangerous levels of carbon monoxide in your home. To test the detector, simply place it near the furnace and see if it goes off. If not, you may need to replace the batteries.
- Inspect the flue: The flue is an important component of your furnace and it’s important to make sure that it’s clear of any obstructions. To inspect the flue, simply remove the cover and look inside. If you see any obstructions, such as bird nests or leaves, you’ll need to remove them before using the furnace.
- Schedule heating services: Finally, it’s important to schedule heating services in Orlando, FL regularly. By doing so, you can catch any potential problems before they become serious. Professional services can help keep your furnace running smoothly all winter long.
By taking these simple steps, you can help avoid any furnace malfunctions this winter. If you have any questions about furnace maintenance, or if you need to schedule heating repair in Orlando, FL, contact an expert today.
Tips To Hire The Best Heating Repair In Orlando, FL:
When your heater breaks down, it can be a big hassle. Not only do you have to deal with the cold, but you also have to find a reputable heating repair company to fix the problem. If you live in Orlando, FL, there are a few things you can do to ensure that you hire the best possible heating repair company.
First, make sure that you get multiple estimates. Heating repairs can be expensive, so you want to make sure that you are getting the best possible price. Getting multiple estimates will allow you to compare prices and services so that you can find the best deal.
Second, read online reviews. There are many different websites where customers can leave reviews of local businesses. Reading these reviews can help you narrow down your choices and find a heating repair company that has a good reputation.
Third, ask your friends and family for recommendations. If someone you know has recently had to use a heating repair company, they may be able to give you some good advice.
Fourth, make sure that you understand the warranty that is offered by the heating repair company. Some companies offer different warranties for different types of repairs. Make sure that you understand what is covered under the warranty so that you are not surprised if something goes wrong after the repair is complete. Contact Comfort Zone Air Conditioning AH Corp at (407) 234-0128 to schedule an appointment.