The furniture is something that should be provided in the house. The kinds are really varied, even for each room will need different furniture. The furniture will facilitate yourself in the house and will affect your comfort. That is why there are some considerations that you should take when choosing furniture and one of them is the material.
Each material will have a different style impression. It becomes the reason why people are quite selective in choosing the material. It is not only about the durability or the strength but also about the decoration style that you can get from the material itself. Let’s take a chance with the aluminium material. Will it be proper enough? Or, will it be durable enough?
The aluminium material is commonly used for the modern house, industrial, or Scandinavian. It can be combined with another material while being used in one furniture product. Or, it can be in all aluminium material in a product. It depends on the design style that needs to be achieved. The aluminium material is proper enough for the furniture since it is corrosion-resistant. The thing that you should consider is that the aluminium material is lightweight so you need to consider it well related to its usage in your house.
Here are the characteristics of the aluminium material you should know.
- has a high strength-to-weight ratio
- highly ductile
- silvery-white colour
With all of those characteristics, it makes the aluminium material proper enough to be used for the furniture. You don’t need to worry about its functionality and durability. Anyway, there are some different kinds of aluminium material available. You can choose any of them based on their characteristic.
- Pure Aluminium: It has a soft characteristic. It is also ductile and corrosion-resistant. It contains no alloying elements and has a low level of contamination.
- Aluminium Alloys: It has a stronger characteristic rather than pure aluminium. It is made by combining the pure aluminium with the alloying elements.
- Cast Aluminium: It is made of melted alloys and then moulds to get the final shape. It is cost-effective but has lower tensile strength and lower ductility.
- Anodized Aluminium: This kind of aluminium is commonly used in construction and architectural products. The surface of the material is made harder and more durable.
Now that you already know the complete information about aluminium material, it’s time for you to see the application of aluminium material for the furniture to complete your home needs.