Alexandria is a large inner-city suburb of NSW in Australia. It has a high density of residential areas, mostly terraced houses that were demolished to make way for warehousing and light industrial use. Alexandria is undergoing gentrification that involves constructing both business and residential developments as part of its urban renewal project.
Gentrification includes improving and renovating a house, including its plumbing. If the pipes in your property need rehabilitating, pipe relining in Alexandria is an excellent way to do it. With this method, there is no need to dig and excavate old pipes to replace them. Instead, relining uses epoxy resins to do its job. But, how can you tell if your pipes need relining?
Here are some telltale signs that your pipes are in need of repair:
- Slow-draining sink
- Cracks in concrete or tile flooring
- Toilets filling and not draining properly
- Unpleasant smell
- Warped timber boards
- Unusually green areas of the garden or wet patches of lawn
- Gurgling noise in the drain
- Raised areas of flooring usually dome-shaped
- Drip puddles, overflows, and wet floors
- Cracks in the walls that lead up from your flooring
Here are the common culprits of pipe breakdowns:
- Age and corrosion
- Accidental damage from nearby renovations or during construction
- Mineral build ups such as magnesium and calcium
- Changes or repairs in the connecting pipelines
- Tree root invasion
- Extremes of temperature, for example, causing pipes freeze
- Blockages such as hair, nappies, grease, baby wipes, fats, etc.
- Sudden extreme changes in the water pressure
- Natural earth movement
Over time, unrepaired pipe damages can result in more severe outcomes. Make sure to be aware of any signs of drain and piping issues, so you address the situation immediately.
When it comes to pipe repair, one of the considerations is to choose between excavation method (requires digging) or trenchless repair (no digging or excavation needed). If you think a trenchless method works best for you, the most popular strategy for this is relining.
To reline your pipes, a preferred method for this is the CIPP (cured in place pipe) relining, which uses advanced composite resins to impregnate a synthetic liner, inserted in the pipe, and cured to harden. The result of CIPP relining is you get a new, stronger pipe that is able to hold out against heavy loads, tree root invasion, and so on.
Repairing pipes using the CIPP relining is ideal in these circumstances:
- When there is a potential trench collapse
- For poor soil conditions
- When the damaged pipes are below prized gardens or near sensitive habitats
- When the home is recently renovated
- For repairs beneath built structures like roads, driveways, pools, and slabs
- When essential services (fire, police, water supply, communication, etc.) are nearby
- When the budget is limited
- When you want to achieve a permanent solution that will last for long
You opt for pipe relining when you want your sewer line to work at its best for years to come. It is the ideal solution because of the many benefits it offers. The process does not require much time, as there will be no digging, which means a fast turnaround time. In other words, it reduces the installation cost.
Also, pipe relining in Alexandria is achievable in areas difficult to reach, with minimal disruption on the surface. In general, it offers the most convenient way of rehabilitating your pipes; thus, keeping your property in a good and livable condition.