Every driver wants their car to look brand new. Little do they know that it takes a lot of effort to keep it that way. Choosing from about 22562 business in Australia for a paint job can be a daunting task. Focus on these guidelines to make the car shine brand new again. From simple and reliable tips like washing to using protective film like a paint protection wrap, read on to find out more about protecting one’s car.
- Watch Out For Bird Droppings: Bird droppings and other forms of excrement from animals have corrosive particles that can degrade the vehicle’s paint. The longer they are present on the car, the more damage they will do to the paint. One can also remove damage professionally if the need arises. Hence, take care to remove any droppings or excrements as soon as possible.
- Be Regular In Washing: Frequent car washes can do more good than harm. One should wash vehicles preferably in weekly intervals. By being regular in washing, one can reduce the need for costly maintenance like spray paint or other paint jobs.
- Use a Paint Protection Wrap: Its a type of film that covers the vehicle to protect it from scratches, debris and other particles while driving. These films can make the car look glossier than regular paint while keeping costs and damages affecting the vehicle to an all-time low. A good film also protects the car from discolouration caused by the ultraviolet rays of the sun.
- Car Washes: Certain car washing areas can have hard bristles that may peel off small patches of the paint. So make sure the car washing equipment is clean and soft for a good wash and at the same time, soft enough to be safe for the paint. Similarly, proper drying of the car using drying towels to absorb leftover water droplets is essential in keeping the vehicle neat and tidy as well.
- Waxing: Fresh waxing is not usually required as long as water drips off the car in the usual fashion. Vehicles that are inside garages for more extended periods of time require lesser waxing scheduled than those that stay out in the open under direct sunlight. Vehicles usually need waxing two times a year; once in spring and again before winter. Proper waxing of a car can also save up fuel since there is lesser drag while driving.
- Car Covers: Investing in a good car cover, if the house doesn’t have a garage, may not be a bad idea. As mentioned before, UV light can cause discolouration in the paint and reduce the quality of the wax-coating. A good cover can prevent or reduce all these complications to a reasonable degree.
- Hand Washing Equipments: High-pressure washers can do a better job of washing away any particulates stuck on the vehicle. When handwashing, take care to use softer brushes and detergents that are paint friendly. Older sponges may have grits stuck in them that may cause light scratches or loss of paint.
While washing and waxing are necessary for a cleaner look, the rest of these tips are the drivers choice. It is up to the owner of the vehicle to determine the frequency of the maintenance depending upon the type of car and its use.