Your home says a lot about you, and when you add custom features, it speaks even more clearly about your personality and style. By adding a custom deck, your home can function better for you and your family, and you’ll get more out of your investment. Take a deeper look at these six benefits of building a custom deck.
1. Enjoy Better Quality With a Custom Deck
Custom-built decks are generally better quality because they are designed and constructed by professional deck builders. With their expertise, they can construct a deck that meets your specific needs and maximizes the use of your space. By drawing upon their years of experience, you can take advantage of industry trends in designs and materials.
Custom deck builders know more about bringing creative designs to life, and they can help you build a deck with unique features that matches your home and personal style. They will use proven ways to make your deck more usable for entertaining and spending time together as a family.
2. Increase the Value of Your Home
Like many other home additions, a custom deck increases the value of your home and enhances its visual appeal. In addition, if you plan on selling your house at some point in the future, a custom deck will ensure that it sells faster and you’ll get more money. The ROI of home improvement projects is often less than 50%, but with a custom-built deck, it’s easy to see returns of 75 to 100% on your investment.
3. Build a Deck That Matches Your Home
You can build a deck that matches your home and looks like it was always meant to be there. By incorporating the design elements of your home into your plan for your new deck, it will fit seamlessly with your existing structures.
Use features from the interior and exterior of your home, like railing styles, shapes, colors, and lighting, so that your new deck complements the rest of your property. Custom deck builders can help make the process of designing and building a deck enjoyable, and it will be much less painful than if you try to do it on your own. With their expertise, they’ll know which design elements to draw upon and use as a motif so that your new deck is a cohesive addition to your home.
4. Add a Deck to Your Home That Matches Your Style
Many people live in cookie-cutter houses, thanks to large housing developments in areas of urban sprawl. When you customize your deck, it can be built to match your personal style and make your home more unique. Choose materials, colors, styles, and design features to make your deck stand out.
Explore these ideas to design a deck that matches your personal style:
- Mixed materials to create contrast and texture.
- An interesting shape to add dimension.
- Multiple levels to add depth.
- Custom planters and seating to make your deck more user-friendly
5. Outdoor Living Spaces for Entertaining
With a custom deck, you can expand the floor space of your home. It will create more usable space for entertaining guests and hosting large parties. Entertaining is easier when you have the right amenities and can use your deck comfortably year-round.
Include a variety of features in your custom deck design to make entertaining simple. With the right features, your space will transform and expand. As a result, your guests will feel more welcome, and they’ll be able to relax and enjoy themselves more. Hosting large parties is easier when you have the right space.
Choose from features like outdoor kitchens and grills, built-in fireplaces, and large living rooms, and keep these tips in mind:
- Allow for ample seating, including built-in seating and space for outdoor furniture,
- Add pergolas and awnings to create shade for hot summer days,
- Include a fire pit or heaters so guests don’t get chilly when the weather turns,
- Create private spaces with seating so couples and small groups of guests can break away from the larger party.
- Add a patio with a large outdoor dining table for hosting large dinner parties.
6. Build a Custom Deck to Match Your Budget
Setting a budget for any project is important, but sometimes it can limit the results. When you build a custom deck, you open the door to a variety of options that can help you stay within budget. Here are some ideas that you can use to match your project with your budget:
- Shop around for deals on lumber and other decking materials.
- Reuse materials you already have.
- Check for sales and discounts at local hardware stores.
- Build your deck in phases.
Staying within a budget doesn’t mean choosing cheap materials or doing everything yourself. When you build a custom deck, you can have your cake and eat it, too, because you can take your time and customize it with high-end materials you find on sale.
Maximize Your Home’s Function and Value With a Custom Deck
With a custom deck, you can have more features that suit your lifestyle and personality, and it will be easier to use your deck for a variety of activities. Whether you plan on selling your home or staying in it for years to come, a custom deck will add value to your property, and you’ll get more from your investment.