Floor is an important element in every home. This is not only a base but can also contribute to the beauty of a home interior. However, because of the traffic in every home, floors can look worn and not look attractive anymore. Meanwhile, floors collect dust, grime and hair that must be cleaned to keep them looking their best. Spills of milk, oil, water and any liquid on the floor can cause stains. If not cleaned immediately it will leave traces on your floor which will reduce its beauty. Regardless of the type of flooring you use. Therefore, different types of floors require special techniques and products to be cleaned effectively. Here are some different kinds of floors and how to clean them.
Hardwood floors offer a classic look to your home and are very durable. They’re easy to clean and can last decades if they are treated properly. However, they’re susceptible to scratches & dents. Choose a species of wood with a high hardness rating that can stand up to traffic, like oak or hickory.
Hard wood flooring is also expensive, but it can be sanded and refinished to restore it to its original condition. Avoid damage to your hardwoods by putting felt pads on the bottom of chair and table legs, avoiding drags of furniture across them, and laying runners or doormats at each entryway.
How to clean: If your hardwoods are sealed with polyurethane, you can simply mop them with a microfiber mop and a water-based cleaning solution. Avoid abrasive cleaners, especially those that contain ammonia. Instead, a diluted mixture of white vinegar and water is the best way to keep your floor clean. A ratio of 1/2 cup white vinegar to 1 gallon of water is typically recommended.
Tile flooring is a tough floor covering that is cut into tiles with the spaces between them filled with grout. It can be made of ceramic, porcelain or natural stone. The specific material used will affect how easy the floor is to clean, as some cleaners may harm it over time. It is also important to note that the surface of many tile floors can be very slippery. It is therefore advisable to use mats at entrance points and to wipe up spills as soon as they happen.
How to clean:
- It is a good idea to put in place regular cleaning schedules and to mob your tile floors regularly to avoid permanent damage. Just use a wet mop and mild floor cleaner.
- Keep the grout clean with regular brushing.
- It is important to make sure that any grout lines are sealed periodically as well.
Vinyl flooring is a popular option for homeowners because of its affordability and durability. It is also water resistant, making it a good choice for kitchens and bathrooms. It is available in tiles, sheets or planks and can mimic the look of wood, stone or ceramic tile. It is easy to clean, making it a good choice for households with children or pets.
How to clean:
- To keep your vinyl floor looking like new, sweep or vacuum it regularly and wipe up spills right away. Don’t let the vinyl floor terlalu lembab karena itu musuh nomer satu lantai vinyl. Regular mopping with warm (not hot) water should remove most dirt and grime.
- For stubborn stains, use baking soda.
- Deep clean using a mild and neutral floor cleaner. If you need to use a stronger cleaner, choose one with a pH level between 7 and 8. Stronger acids like bleach or ammonia could damage vinyl floors, even when heavily diluted.
Carpet is the softest of all flooring and it comes in a range of colors, textures and styles. It’s also hypoallergenic and great for reducing noise. The basic makeup of carpet is a fiber that can be natural (wool, sisal) or synthetic. Nylon is the most common. It stands up to wear and tear but doesn’t fight stains so well, so it’s often treated with stain-resistant chemicals. It’s an excellent choice for bedrooms or play rooms with kids.
How to clean: It can hide dirt well compared to a wood floor, but it still requires weekly vacuuming and occasional deep cleanings.
Marble is a gorgeous and classic material that looks fabulous in any home. But it is also delicate and susceptible to staining, which requires special care to keep your floors looking beautiful. You need to clean the marble, from routine maintenance to stain removal.
How to clean: For routine cleaning, you can use a microfiber mop or spray bottle with water and a cleaner designed for natural stone floors. If possible, choose a pH neutral cleaner that won’t damage the marble. Use soft mop heads to clean the surface. You should also vacuum regularly, but be careful not to use a metal nozzle. This will damage the marble surface.
Concrete floor is a durable and affordable option for your garage, workshop or basement floors. It’s easy to keep clean with a little bit of regular maintenance, but it is important to understand what kind of cleaning materials and techniques are safe for your flooring because some methods may damage your concrete or make the floor slippery.
How to clean:
- You should start by cleaning it with a broom or blower to remove any loose dirt and debris.
- Protect your concrete floors with a sealer to prevents moisture and debris.
- Bleach is another common and effective method for cleaning concrete floors. It is a proven disinfectant and kills bacteria, so it will remove any lingering mold or mildew spores from your concrete.
- With a scrubbing it regularly, you can quickly make your concrete floor look like new.